Saturday, January 23, 2010

On the Apricot Tree

"Popcorn shames the catholic."

Sandra Maria Rudolfo hurried to Confession. "Bless me father for I have sinned" and crossed herself.
"What is your sin sister?"
"I have stolen crops from my neighbor again. I am unable to stop myself. It calls to me and when I do not obey the voice, my hands shake, and I feel really really hungry. It is corn. I love corn so very much."
The priest remained quiet for several minutes, then, "Say two hail Mary's and leave me."
"Yes father," Sandra got up and left after crossing herself once more.

Sandra went home that night to bake the corn stalks that she had stolen from her neighbor. Sitting at the table with the blinds shut against the eyes outside and her door locked against the night, she ate the source of her guilt.

Suddenly a rapping at the wooden door.

Quickly shoving the corn under the table cloth, Sandra prepared to get the door. She let it crack open. The cloaked man stepped inside.
It was the Priest!

"Is there corn?" He asked in a whisper.
Sandra walked him over to her pantry and unveiled her store of corn piled to the ceiling. The woman stood silently crying and crossing herself. The priest stepped forward and picked up one of the corn sacks.
"Sandra," he said and looked into her eyes. "Have you ever had, had..." His voice lowered and he leaned in. "Popcorn?"

Sandra had never heard of such a thing. She marveled as the priest started up the stove and put the kernels of corn over it. They waited.

Five minutes later the sounds of miniature guns going off was heard inside the warm kitchen. The two sinners sat and ate the popcorn. Sandra was also finding that she felt very attracted to the priest. The priest knew that this would happen.
Women who love corn fall easily in love with men if they show her the ways to popcorn.
They ate the popcorn until midnight, then the priest left.
Sandra plotted more ways to steal corn from her neighbor.




1 comment:

  1. HAAAA.
    you would turn this into a love story about popcorn.
    and popcorn should be a sin.
    i don't even like it and yet it makes me not want to stop eating it.

    ReplyDelete